The MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) permit requires development of a program that satisfies six Minimum Control Measures (MCMs).
The six MCMs are defined as follows:
- Public outreach and education on stormwater impacts
- Public involvement / participation
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination (IDD&E checklist)
- Construction site stormwater runoff control
- Construction stormwater management in new development and redevelopment
- Pollution prevention / Good housekeeping
The MCMs are supported by implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs).
The WVSA works collaboratively with participating municipalities to execute BMPs and raise public awareness about their significance in stemming pollutants that enter our waterways. More information about the Regional Stormwater Management Program, including MCMs and BMPs can be found here.