A Best Management Practice (BMP) is defined by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a technique, measure or structural control that is used for a given set of conditions to manage the quantity and improve the quality of stormwater runoff efficiently and cost-effectively.
For more information, visit:
- Learn How to Be Stormwater Smart
- Report Illicit Discharges
- EPA: Take Winter with a Grain of Salt (New!)
- Why is Stormwater a Problem?
- Know the Impaired Streams by You
- Homeowners Guide to Stormwater BMP Maintenance
- Pennsylvania Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual
- Plant a Rain Garden
- PennState Extension: Stormwater Management
- National Stormwater Calculator